To really travel green, consider the train on the Veloscenic !
The "TER" and other trains are a practical way to get back to the start, or vice-versa, to organize a weekend get-away or simply to skip a stage or two.
- Most TER (Express Regional Transport) allow you to take your bicycle on-board free of charge, as hand luggage in designated spaces
- Some Intercity and TGV (High Speed Train) trains offer several spaces for bikes, generally with prior booking
- On this site you can find the location of stations on the route maps and practical information about the trains in the ‘details’ section of the stages
- Check for SNCF offers before departing.
You can find the routes and timetables on TER websites for the following regions:
- Paris and its region (Ile de France) (EN)
- TER Brittany (FR)
- TER Normandy (FR)
- And specific information at www.voyages-sncf.co.uk (EN) or on the SNCF website dedicated to bikes on trains (EN)
For your own comfort and that of the other users:
- avoid boarding trains with a bicycle during rush hour
- look for bicycle signs on the carriages
- arrive early to avoid delays when departing
- don’t ride your bicycle in stations
- travel light!